- This event has passed.
SBDC: Understanding Worker’s Compensation, Disability and Personal Family Leave Webinar
February 9, 2021: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Navigating the employer responsibilities for Worker’s Compensation, Disability and Personal Family Leave can be confusing for small businesses. In this presentation, Neil Gilberg from the Worker’s Compensation Board will provide attendees with an overview of:
• What are WC, DB and PFL? (includes COVID-19 involvement)
• Who needs it? / Who does not need it?
• What is involved with DB and PFL?
• How and when do you report an injury? (including COVID-19 impacts)
• Independent contractor versus employee, what companies need to consider? (includes on-site, virtual staff, in or out of state)
• What are the penalties? What is debarment? Where do you go for 1 on 1 assistance on these and other issues or questions?
• Different ways to lower your workers’ compensation premiums?