- This event has passed.
Build4Scale NY Webinar: What’s Coming in 2020?
January 8, 2020: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join Our Upcoming Webinar to Learn More
Build4Scale NY: What’s Coming in 2020 |Training, Funding, Expertise
About the Webinar
Speakers will discuss the different types of IP and how to protect them, followed by a first-hand account of a start-up’s experience with patenting their product technology. They will address common concerns about IP as they relate to different stages in the product development process.
About the Speakers
Gavin McIntyre is Director of Business Development of Ecovative, one of the fastest growing manufacturers in New York State. They believe there is a better way to feed the planet and reduce the amount of plastic used in consumer products. Using Mycelium Foundry, they are collaborating with companies to create alternative meat products, biodegradable packaging materials, animal-free leather and more. Gavin will present their IP journey and what they considered along the way.
Molly Zimmerman is Associate Director of the New York State Science & Technology Law Center. She has been the technology commercialization coordinator for the NYS Science & Technology Law Center for over ten years. She coordinates research to assess new technologies based on intellectual property, market and regulatory landscapes.
What You Will Learn
- Is my product idea patentable?
- What are the criteria?
- Even if I can patent, should I?
- What other types of protection should I be aware of for my company?
- What do I need to consider if I’m looking to patent and/or sell my product internationally?
- The meaning of IP related terms and phrases: trade secrets, provisional patent, utility vs. design patents, landscape search, prior art search, Founder’s Agreement, NDA, Confidentiality Agreement, Royalty Agreement