Workforce & Education Initiatives
Upcoming Event: CEG Apprenticeship Informational Session
Are you interested in having apprentices at your manufacturing facility? Would having an intermediary manage the program make it more accessible to you? Not sure where to start with apprenticeships in general?
Join us on Tuesday, March 13th alongside our partners at the Manufacturing Association of Central New York and the NYS Department of Labor to learn more about how CEG can assist you in running an apprenticeship program at no added cost to you.
We will also have a brief information session about HVCC’s newest program, the Manufacturing Technology Pathways Bootcamp.
Together with our 250+ members and staff, we have a vision of leading Tech Valley as one of the most prosperous and innovative ecosystems in the world.
To achieve that vision, we work daily to build a skilled workforce and education pipeline; to cultivate a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem; and to ensure a modern infrastructure to grow local companies, attract new investment, and prepare our communities for growth.
Additionally, we serve as the NYSTAR-designated Regional Technology Development Center, providing business growth services to small and mid-sized manufacturers and technology.
CEG’s region has a number of workforce development resources, all of which work towards the greater goal of ensuring a strong pipeline of highly skilled, educated workers that can meet the needs of our growing industries. To ensure that workforce training is demand-driven, CEG works closely with businesses, community colleges and training institutions to identify and address specific training needs so that programs are tailored to available jobs.
Some of CEG’s key partners in workforce development:
Workforce Development Boards & New York State Department of Labor
- Capital Region (Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady) Workforce Development Board
- Columbia-Greene Workforce Development Board
- Saratoga, Warren, Washington Workforce Development Board
- Businesses in sectors such as healthcare, clean teach, advanced manufacturing, biotech, nanotech, IT, craft brewing and distilling
Community Colleges & Higher Education
- Adirondack Community College
- Clarkson University
- Columbia-Green Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
- Schenectady County Community College (SCCC)
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Union College
- University at Albany
High Schools, PTECH & BOCES
- Clean Technologies & Sustainable Industries Early College High School
- Troy Riverfront PTECH
- Southern Adirondack PTECH
- Tech Valley High School
The New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals (NYATEP)