Support for Entrepreneurs
CEG initiates collaboration with regional businesses, institutions, incubators, universities and investors towards developing a gap-free entrepreneurship pipeline to support our local entrepreneurship ecosystem.
CEG continues to grow this ecosystem by:
- Improving start-up access to labs, office space, and other facilities (based on our relationships)
- Offering assistance developing a venture pitch (Venture B)
- Providing an opportunity for a start-up to showcase a business idea before professional and angel investors (VentureB)
- Identifying potential investors and mentors (Based on our relationships/ Pre VentureB)
- Providing avenues/direction for resources (Pre venture + Innovate518)
- Engaging high school and college students in forums that support the next generation of business (A518 student series, Business Plan Competition)
VentureB Plan Series
CEG and our partners work with start-ups to coach their team for a venture pitch that then ends in an open public pitch to regional investors and business leaders.
VentureB Innovation Workshops
CEG facilitates hands on workshops to better prepare start-ups for building a solid foundation for their business model, product development, and operational plans.
HS Business Model Competition
Our annual New York State High School Business Model Competition offers high school students an opportunity to showcase their business plan in an educationally-competitive environment.