Support for Entrepreneurs
CEG initiates collaboration with regional businesses, institutions, incubators, universities and investors towards developing a gap-free entrepreneurship pipeline to support our local entrepreneurship ecosystem.
CEG continues to grow this ecosystem by:
- Improving start-up access to labs, office space, and other facilities (based on our relationships)
- Offering assistance developing a venture pitch (Venture B)
- Providing an opportunity for a start-up to showcase a business idea before professional and angel investors (VentureB)
- Identifying potential investors and mentors (Based on our relationships/ Pre VentureB)
- Providing avenues/direction for resources (Pre venture + Innovate518)
- Engaging high school and college students in forums that support the next generation of business (A518 student series, Business Plan Competition)
High School Business Model Competition
Our annual NYSHSBPC offers high school students an opportunity to showcase their business plan in an educationally-competitive environment. At this all day event held at Siena College in Albany, NY students present their ideas in front of their peers and judges (successful entrepreneurs, business men and women, institutional faculty) with the latter providing valuable feedback.
Students will gain:
- practical entrepreneurial & communication skills
- an understanding of what their peers are developing
- an opportunity to improve their business plan
This culminates in an awards ceremony at the end of the day where prizes and scholarships will be awarded.
For more information, please contact Ellyn ford at email@example.com.
VentureB, a collaboration between the Center for Economic Growth (CEG) and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institutes’ Emerging Ventures Ecosystem (EVE), is a quarterly program designed for entrepreneurs to gain visibility to the region’s angel and institutional investors, business service providers, advisers, students, faculty, alumni and the early stage business community.
Held at RPI’s Hefner Alumni Hall from 7:30-9:30am, two businesses showcase their companies to a panel of investors, entrepreneurs and business leaders, as well as the general public. Following a 12-minute PowerPoint presentation, the panel will ask the presenter questions and provide feedback.
To determine if VentureB is a fit for your company, please submit our Executive Summary Form. Admission to attend the event is free and open to the public, however registration is strongly encouraged.
Please contact Ellyn Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our mailing list.
For more information on sponsoring VentureB (or the Innovation Series), please contact Ellyn Ford at email@example.com