- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: End-to-End Quality: Better Ways to Create More Value (1-Day Workshop)
October 22, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
**Please note this workshop has been postponed. Stay tuned for new December date**
Does Your Company Have a System for Seeing and Solving Quality Issues?
Whether using A3s, the 5 Whys, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, or any other problem-solving tool, having a System for seeing and solving quality issues can ensure the real problem is solved and protect precious resources from being deployed erroneously to solve a non-existent issue.
Learn a System to Solve Unforeseen Quality Issues, BEFORE They Happen
Whether it starts on a company’s website, in a tradeshow booth, or even during an unconscious first glimpse of a logo, customers’ perceptions of value begin well before the product or service is ever delivered – and then either build, or diminish, during every interaction thereafter. This is critical because 75% of customer defections are the result of poor-quality experiences somewhere between “needs recognition” and “post-delivery support.” Coupled with the fact that a 5% decrease in business typically results in -25% Operating Income, organizations have more than enough incentive to improve their end-to-end quality.
Lead by Brent Wahba, Strategy, Innovation & Transformation executive at Strategy Science, Inc., Brent is a well-known expert in product development, manufacturing operations, supply chain management, and quality control. He brings global managerial and technical expertise across several industries.
Workshop Prices & Deadlines
- Early Bird: $1,295 per person – closes on 9/6/2019 at 11:59 AM
- CEG/CEN Members: $1,295 per person – closes on 10/4/2019 at 11:59 AM
- Regular / Non-Member Pricing: $1,495 per person – opens 9/7/2019 at 12:00 AM, closes on 10/4/2019 11:59 PM
We have known these facts and the related challenges for decades, but unfortunately, the methodologies for addressing them (Total Quality Management, 6 Sigma, Lean…) are often cumbersome, require years of focus, and even under the best circumstances, do not frequently create quick or sustainable results.
While there may be many company-specific reasons for this, some of the most common root causes are:
- De-coupled and misaligned business processes
- Cursory understanding of all stakeholder expectations
- Lack of coordination between strategy and improvement activities
- Blanket, organization-wide tool deployment
- Too much non-value-added complexity
This workshop is designed to help participants of any organizational level or function address these shortcomings and significantly improve their own quality system performance by learning to:
- See quality & value as outputs of an end-to-end delivery system
- More deeply understand all stakeholder needs
- Prioritize improvement activities based on both strategy and bottlenecks
- Prevent problems instead of firefighting
- “Pull” simplified measurement systems and tools only when necessary