- This event has passed.
Technician Workforce Development Forum & Facility Tour
September 26, 2018: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Target, in partnership with the National Center for Supply Chain Automation (SCA), is hosting an industry driven Technician Workforce Development forum and facility tour in Amsterdam, NY on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
The purpose of this forum is to bring together current or future operators of automated or semi-automated logistics facilities, manufacturers of automated material handling equipment or systems and academic leaders from colleges teaching industrial education programs that prepare students for jobs as Technicians. The goal is provide academics with occupational context and to initiate the process of forging regional industry and academic partnerships focused on growing the 21st Century Technician workforce.
What: Technician Workforce Development Forum & Facility Tour (Invite Only, Must be Pre-Approved)
Where: 1800 State HWY 5S Amsterdam, NY, 12010
When: Wednesday, September 26, 8:30am-1pm
Why: Meet like-minded executives, identify resources to address workforce needs and tour the facility
Who Should Attend: Supply Chain Training & Development Professionals, Facilities & Engineering Leaders, Senior Operations Executives, HR Professionals
Space is limited; participation must be pre-approved by SCA and Target Security.
- Educators with programs focused on educating, training and developing Technicians will participate
- Industry Executives will provide an overview of the current and future Technician workforce demands
- Academics will provide an industrial education and training program overview for industry attendees
- Target will provide a facility overview and tour highlighting the use of automated equipment
- Lunch will be served along with a group discussion identifying actionable opportunities for attendees
- After the industry forum, interested attendees will depart for a local campus tour featuring industrial training labs and facilities. The tour will showcase a successful industrial training program and provide an opportunity to connect with local academics while networking with industry colleagues
In these forums, direct competitors are coming together to discuss collaborative ways to grow the Technician workforce pipeline rather than continuing to steal talent from one another, a common industry practice.
Firms partnering with SCA in regional forums have a demand for 1,000+ skilled Technicians annually employing over 8,000 technicians nationally. Participants include engineering & facilities executives, logistics training professionals, automated material handling systems integrators and executives from package shipping firms.
How Do I get Involved: Contact Steve Harrington, Steve@supplychainautomation.com or call 909-240-5501.