- This event has passed.
Supply Chain Management for Small Business: Webinar Series | Making & Planning – Ways to Manage Demand, Costs & Labor Issues
July 6: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this event
If you have a business that is deeply affected by supply chain issues, this series will give you the tools to navigate this challenging environment. The course will be broken up into four monthly supply chain classes, each lasting 3 hours, conducted via Zoom, June – September, 2022, 9AM – 12PM (each webinar).
This webinar series will include the following topics, on the following dates:
- 6/01/22: Introduction to Supply Chain Management – State of the US Economy & What is Supply Chain Management
- 7/06/22: Making & Planning – Ways to Manage Demand, Costs & Labor Issues
- 8/03/22: Sourcing – Minimizing Price Increases & Ways to Manage Costs/Leadtime Issues
- 9/07/22: Deliver – Ways to Manage Freight Costs/Issues & Most Efficient/Effective Way to Ship
This Webinar Series will be Taught by: Patrick Penfield is a Professor of Practice – Supply Chain Management and Director of Executive Education at the Whitman School of Management – Syracuse University. He has his Ph.D.in Sustainable Resource Management and is Certified in Purchasing Management (CPM), Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) and Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM). He was voted Faculty of the Year at the Whitman School of Management in 2007 & 2018, selected for the prestigious Syracuse University Meredith Teaching award in 2009 and in 2015 received the Oberwager award for engagement with students. Penfield has over 15 years of industry experience in Supply Chain Management & Manufacturing working for such companies as the Raymond Corporation, Johnson & Johnson and Philips Electronics. Professor Penfield’s research focuses on Forestry, Natural Resource Management and Sustainability. Dr. Penfield has appeared on Good Morning America, CBS & ABC Evening News and has done several print media interviews with USA Today, Fox, CNN, Bloomberg, Time, Newsweek and several other trade magazines and news media outlet.
Dr. Penfield Media Clips:
- CBS News: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg makes recruiting truck drivers a priority as industry reaches a breaking point
- Washington Journal: Patrick Penfield on Delays in U.S. Supply Chain
- 2WGRZ: Town Hall: Is there reason for cautious optimism about inflation?