- This event has passed.
Run, Bike, Hike: Capital Region Trails Summit
May 10, 2018: 8:00 am - 10:30 am
Date & Time: Thursday, May 10 from 8:00-10:30 AM
Program Begins Promptly at 8:30. Coffee and Sign-In at 8:00
Location: New York State Capitol in Albany | Assembly Parlor, Room 306
Run, bike or hike: unprecedented trail development in New York means soon you’ll be able to get to destinations throughout New York on two feet or on two wheels. The Capital Region’s rapidly growing network of multi-use hiking and biking trails are attracting tourism and economic development, while more sidewalks and bike lanes are increasing the walkability and interconnectedness of our cities and towns.
Join Assemblymembers Pat Fahy and John McDonald, Senators Amedore and Breslin, Albany Co. Executive Dan McCoy and panelists ranging from Parks and Trails New York to the Center for Economic Growth, CDTA and many others. Highlights include walking and biking trail expansion and development across the region, including the Empire State Trail, Albany County Rail Trail and more! Trails are more than recreation: panelists will discuss the serious business and economic impact; tourism; health benefits; financial and regulatory barriers; and promote the innovative efforts underway.
- Vision: State trail expansion and the Empire State Trail.
- Overview: Regional trail connections and the Albany County Rail Trail.
- Local initiatives: Waterfront access, bike lanes, sidewalks, trails, in area municipalities.
- Economic and Community Impact: Business growth, jobs, increased revenue, property values and tourism.
- Gaps, Barriers and Challenges: Infrastructure needs—including Complete Streets. Financial, regulatory, legislative and coordination challenges.