Knowledge @ Noon – Effective Onboarding: How to Become Employer of Choice
June 13: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Knowledge @ Noon is a monthly webinar series designed to help manufacturers stay up-to-date with the latest trends, ideas, and best practices. Each month will feature a new topic led by industry experts who will share insights and provide valuable knowledge and tools to help your organizations learn and grow.
In this Knowledge @ Noon monthly series the *Manufacturing Innovation Network will explore the significance of effective onboarding, a critical process for organizations that helps to increase employee engagement, reduce turnover rates, and improve productivity by providing structured support and training for new hires.
Statistics on the importance of onboarding:
- According to a survey conducted by Careerbuilder and Silkroad Technology (nine percent,) or 1 in 10 have left a company because of a poor onboarding experience, and 37% percent of employees said their manager did not play a critical role in their onboarding experience support.
- Without proper onboarding procedures increases in employee turnover and loss of productivity occur. This decreased employee engagement costs companies large sums of money every year.
- When a company has great onboarding 69% of employees are likely to stay for at least 3 years.
SHRM (the Society for Human Resource Management):
- 69 percent of employees are more likely to stay with a company for three years if they experienced great onboarding.
- New employees who went through a structured onboarding program were 58 percent more likely to be with the organization after three years.
- Organizations with a standard onboarding process experience 50 percent greater new-hire productivity.
Mary Malone McCarthy is founder and CEO of M3 Placement & Partnership, a national executive search, talent acquisition, and strategic HR firm. As CEO she has led the organization to significant growth through the team’s focus on building strong partnerships with a shared services approach and a passion for exceptional service. Prior to founding M3, Mary Malone spent over 15 years as Senior Vice President at Northland Communications, responsible for the oversight of Human Resources, Marketing and Client Relations for the organization. See Mary Malone’s Bio here>>
Donna Hughes, JD, is the Founder and CEO of Hughes Solutions, LLC, an executive coaching and human resources consulting business. Donna launched her business to enable senior and emerging leaders to excel in their leadership capabilities, and to support diversity in the C-suite, where women and people of color remain underrepresented. Donna is a sought-after speaker for institutions of higher education, national organizations, and has been a guest podcast speaker on various topics including, embracing change, the value of leadership coaching, conscious leadership, diversity, equity and inclusion, culture transformation, and leading organizations through the Covid-19 pandemic and social unrest. See Donna’s bio here>>
Following each segment there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
*The Manufacturing Innovation Network, powered by the Center for Economic Growth (CEG), serves as a forum for Capital Region manufacturers to Learn, Share, and Grow. This Network brings together Capital Region manufacturers to learn from experts on industry relevant topics, participate in thematic roundtables, discuss common issues, and expand their network.