CYBERSECURITY SELF-ASSESSMENT WORKSHOP
April 21: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Does your company need to comply with NIST SP 800-171, a set of cybersecurity guidelines that the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) requires all of its suppliers to meet? Before you can pursue compliance, you’ll need to perform a cybersecurity self-assessment so that you can identify issues you’ll need to remediate. This process can be time-consuming, but now there’s a way to complete a cybersecurity self-assessment in less time than if you did all on your own.
Join the New York Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NY MEP) and its partners for a four-hour Cybersecurity Self-Assessment Workshop on April 21, 2021 from 9 AM to 1 PM. Our experts will explain what you need to know about NIST SP 800-171 and guide you through hands-on exercises as you assess your cyber readiness. You’ll also learn about the Supplier Performance Risk System (SPRS) and how to determine your SPRS score so that you can submit it for DoD contract opportunities.
NYS manufacturing companies that enroll in this free workshop will receive:
- Access to cybersecurity experts who will efficiently explain all 14 families in NIST SP 800-171
- Practical experience with identifying problems so that you can take corrective action
- The ability to ask questions and get answers as you identify the issues you need to address
- Help calculating your SPRS score so that you can submit it when you bid on DoD contracts
- Automatic enrollment in a Cybersecurity Cohort that provides free training valued at $12,000.
This event is powered by FuzeHub, the statewide NY MEP center, in partnership with the Advanced Institute for Manufacturing (AIM) and the Manufacturing and Technology Enterprise Center (MTEC) (two regional NY MEP centers with proven cybersecurity assessment and remediation capabilities) along with NYS Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) that provide government contracting assistance. You’ll also learn from the Global Cybersecurity Institute at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
When: April 21, 2021 – 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Location: Online Virtual Workshop