- This event has passed.
Cyber Security Lunch & Learn for Manufacturers
November 9, 2017: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Anticipating Cyber Attacks with a Cyber Security Plan – Critical for DoD Contracts/Contracters/Supply Chain
Everyone and every company needs to maintain an up-to-date cyber security plan, especially those who work with the U.S. Department of Defense.
NIST 800-171 Standard – January 1, 2018 Deadline for Your Plan
Cyber security is extremely important for businesses of every size. A weak cyber security profile puts a company and its employees at risk. Not only are finances and operations affected, cyber-attacks diminish your reputation and customers’ confidence. Everyone involved is stressed financially and/or emotionally. For DOD contractors, it also puts the future of its government contracts in jeopardy. (As of January 1 manufacturers with DOD contracts must meet new NIST standards.) In this workshop you will:
- Learn about some of the biggest threats in the cyber security space today – ransomware, phishing, botnets, DDoS, malware, and more.
- Find out what business owners should be looking for and who is responsible for the safety of information.
- Find out how the January 1 deadline for NIST 800-171 Standard relates to manufacturers with DOD contracts.
- Learn about the “Chain of Security” and why a good cybersecurity profile means more than just a strong IT infrastructure.
- Discover why small and medium manufacturers are the #2 most targeted industry by cyber attackers.
Learn the basics of how to start building a Cyber Security action plan
Who Should Attend
- HR Directors/Managers
- IT Staff
- Any policy decision maker within a company
More details to come