“Say Hello to Our New York”
Check out this video that highlights the arts, culture, natural beauty, and business opportunity available in our region!
Lifestyle. Opportunity. Location. This short video, produced by The Tech Valley Young Professionals Network (YPN) – an initiative of the Capital Region Chamber – highlights our region’s incredible assets and opportunities.
How We Help You
- We are your confidential connection for your relocation and acclimation to NY’s Capital Region. Providing individualized attention to your needs including recommended local resources for housing/real estate, education, financial, community, cultural, recreational and more
- Career support and professional networking for your spouse or partner – interviews with regional employers, assistance in job searches, introductions to quality personnel firms. Also, Search and Review Careers in NY’s Capital Region, a list of job openings (by industry with local employers who are investors of CEG).
- Community connections
Monthly Calendar of Events – get familiar with what our region has to offer
Quarterly Newsletters – Talent Connect news, updates and timely articles from our community partners
- Cultural transitioning tools including a monthly e-newsletter for first-time international new hires
- Professionally guided tours of our downtown cities
Below are some recommended resources for community connections, cultural transitioning, and more.
Regional Data & Community Resources
CEG’s Capital Region Economic Profile
Capital Region 2018 Rankings Roundup!
Capital Region Cost of Living Index
New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
Capital Region Living
Pride Center of the Capital Region
Upstate New York Autism Alliance
PreK-12 – The Albany Academies; Doane Stuart School
Grades 6-12 – Academy of the Holy Names
K-8 – Woodland Hill Montessori School
Post-secondary – University at Albany Weekend MBA
Language Services – Capital Region Language Center; Empire State English; Capital Accent
College Advisement – College Advisor of New York
School Rankings – Albany Business Review Rankings
Accounting, Federal/State Tax Preparation
Banking and Credit Unions
Ballston Spa National Bank
Bank of America
CAPCOM Federal Credit Union
National Union Bank of Kinderhook
Saratoga National Bank and Trust
Sunmark Federal Credit Union
Personnel, Recruiting, and Professional Development
Real Estate Resources – Buying/Selling
Real Estate Resources – Renting
Sampling of Capital Region Cities:
Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Columbia County Tourism
Explore Greene County
Lakes to Locks Passage
Rensselaer County Tourism
Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau
Visit Schenectady County
Tourism and Recreation in Warren County
Washington County Tourism
We have an extensive list of resources available for new hires. Please contact Talent Connect Program Manager Joanne Cornell for specific resources including religious organizations, language services, medical care, child care, and more.
Cultural Transitioning Resources
Talent Connect offers cultural transitioning resources for newly hired international employees to provide assistance in navigating and adjusting to life in the U.S. Our program has become an ongoing key resource for new hires and their families when trying to integrate into the local landscape.
- Newcomer’s Almanac – Talent Connect offers international newcomers a monthly newsletter that offers a unique collection of information, current events, advice and cultural interpretation.
Relevant Community Links
Chinese Community Center
100 Hispanic Women, Capital District
Indian Resources in the Capital Region
Tricity India Association
Capital Accent – Specializing in accent modification training and business communications
Capital Region Language Center – Providing programs for over 10 languages with classes in various locations throughout the Capital Region
Empire State English – Providing language services to non-native English speakers
Taking one of our professionally guided tours soon? Meet our tour guides!
From left to right: Nancy Carpenter– Albany Tour Guide; Kathy Totten– Saratoga Tour Guide; Peter Keyoskey– Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Tour Guide; Tacy Tunney– Albany Tour Guide
Questions? CEG’s Talent Connect staff is here to help.
Karen S. Wolff, SHRM-CP, PHR, Director of Investor Relations & Talent Attraction, Karenw@ceg.org
Joanne Cornell, Director of Talent Connect, Joannec@ceg.org
John Giordano, Vice President, Investor Relations & Talent, Johng@ceg.org