How We Help You
- Individualized attention to community integration needs, with recommended local resources for real estate, public and private education, financial services, cultural and recreational activities, and more
- Career support and professional networking for spouses/partners, including interviews with regional employers, assistance in job searches and introduction to quality personnel firms
- Community connections, with a monthly calendar of events and a quarterly newsletter with Talent Connect updates and messages from our partners
- Cultural transitioning tools including a monthly newsletter for first-time international new hires
- Professionally guided tours of your new city
Looking for something fun to do? Check out the Monthly Calendar of Events!
Stay up-to-date with Talent Connect- see our Quarterly Newsletter.
Please see below an abbreviated list of Talent Connect’s resources within the region, including cultural transitioning resources, job opportunities with many CEG investors, and community resources such as banking, education, and more.
Cultural Transitioning Resources
Talent Connect offers cultural transitioning resources for newly hired international employees to provide assistance in navigating and adjusting to life in the U.S. With a broad spectrum of partners in our international communities in the Capital Region, our program has become an ongoing key resource for new hires and their families when trying to integrate into the local landscape.
- Newcomer’s Almanac – Talent Connect offers international newcomers a monthly newsletter that offers a unique collection of information, advice and cultural interpretation.
Relevant Community Links
Chinese Community Center
Indian Resources in the Capital Region
Tricity India Association
Time Warner International Programming
Capital Accent – Specializing in accent modification training and business communications
Capital Region Language Center – Providing programs for over 10 languages with classes in various locations throughout the Capital Region
Empire State English – Providing language services to non-native English speakers
General Community Resources
Capital Region Cost of Living Index
Capital Region Living
CEG’s Capital Region Profile
New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
Pride Center of the Capital Region
Times Union 518Life
Upstate New York Autism Alliance
Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Columbia County Tourism
Explore Greene County
Lakes to Locks Passage
Rensselaer County Tourism
Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau
Visit Schenectady County
Tourism and Recreation in Warren County
Washington County Tourism
PreK-12 – The Albany Academies; Doane Stuart School
Grades 6-12 – Academy of the Holy Names
K-8 – Woodland Hill Montessori School
Postsecondary – University at Albany Weekend MBA
Language Services – Capital Region Language Center; Empire State English; Capital Accent
College Advisement – College Advisor of New York
School Rankings – Albany Business Review Rankings
Real Estate Resources – Buying
Real Estate Resources – Renting
Banking and Credit Unions
Ballston Spa National Bank
Bank of America
CAPCOM Federal Credit Union
Saratoga National Bank and Trust
National Union Bank of Kinderhook
Wealth Management and Accounting
Personnel and Professional Development
We have an extensive list of resources available to provide to our newcomers in a wide variety of categories. Please contact Talent Connect Program Manager Joanne Bucher for specific resources including religious organizations, language services, medical care, child care, and more.
Job Opportunities for Spouses/Partners
- Aeon Nexus Corporation
- Affinity Group
- Albany Business Review
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Albany Medical Center
- Annese & Associates, Inc.
- Ballston Spa National Bank
- Bank of America
- Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C.
- BBL Construction Services, LLC
- Berkshire Bank
- Brown & Weinraub, PLLC
- Capital Bank
- CAPCOM Federal Credit Union
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan
- Capital District Transportation Authority
- CBRE – Albany
- Citizens Bank
- Clarkson University Graduate School
- College of St. Rose
- Desmond Hotel
- Ellis Medicine
- Excelsior College
- Fusco Personnel, Inc.
- Galesi Group
- General Electric
- Gilbane Building Company
- KPMG LLP
- Linium Recruiting
- Mazzone Management Group, Ltd.
- Momentive Performance Materials
- MVP Health Care
- National Grid
- Nigro Companies
- Nixon Peabody, LLP
- Ostroff Associates, Inc.
- Overit Media
- Owens Corning
- Pioneer Bank
- Port of Albany
- Rensselaer County IDA
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rivers Casino & Resort
- The Sage Colleges
- Saratoga National Bank and Trust
- Shenker Russo & Clark, LLP
- Siena College
- Skidmore College
- St. Peter’s Health Partners
- SUNY Research Foundation
- Taconic Biosciences
- Teal, Becker, & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- Transfinder Corp.
- Turner Construction Company
- Union College
- United Group of Companies, Inc.
- University at Albany
- Wells Fargo
- Whiteman, Osterman, & Hanna, LLP
- Williams College
CEG’s Talent Connect staff is here to help you. Karen S. Wolff SHRM-CP, PHR, Investor Relations & Talent Connect Coordinator; John Giordano, Program Director and Joanne Bucher, Program Manager
Taking one of our professionally guided tours soon? Meet our tour guides!
From left to right: Nancy Carpenter– Albany Tour Guide; Kathy Totten– Saratoga Tour Guide; Peter Keyoskey– Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Tour Guide; Tacy Tunney– Albany Tour Guide